Hostel in Rabanal del Camino – Economic rooms
Swipe right to see all images
Welcome to El Descanso de Gaia! We are a charming accommodation, located in a wooden and stone village house in Rabanal del Camino, a few meters from the Camino de Santiago as it passes through the town and about 23 km from Astorga and 35 km from Ponferrada.
We offer quality accommodation at affordable prices, with a close and familiar treatment, especially focused on the pilgrims who make the Camino de Santiago.
Affordable rooms, and everything you need
Our rooms have shared bathrooms (two large fully equipped, very clean, located on the same floor of the rooms), plus a small toilet on the first floor, and several have direct access to our own balcony.
We also have a common room equipped as well as a kitchen with kitchen utensils, fridge, microwave and hob, a garage for storing bicycles, area for washing clothes and clotheslines or free WiFi in all rooms.
We are in Rabanal del Camino, a beautiful town of León, a must stop on the Camino de Santiago, very quiet but with bars, restaurants and shops, and located just between Astorga and Ponferrada. It is the perfect location whether you are looking for total disconnection such as visiting heritage or enjoying the excellent cuisine of the area.
Cleaning has always been one of our obsessions, now more. Given the exceptional situation caused by the COVID 19 pandemic, we have implemented a special cleaning and disinfection protocol that we apply to the establishment, based on the guidelines provided by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention and the Ministry of Health, Consumption and Social Welfare of the Government of Spain.
There are several guidelines adopted, but they can all be summarized in that the rooms and all its elements are thoroughly disinfected and the bathrooms and other frequent contact surfaces are constantly cleaned throughout the day.
On the other hand, a small protocol of precautions has been developed for customers, which will be delivered to them at the entrance.
All rooms include:
✓ Towels ✓ Bedding ✓ Free toiletries ✓ Heating ✓ Thorough daily cleaning ✓ Reception ✓ Free WiFi ✓ Portable clothesline
Our customers love:
- The good value for money
- Location: in the center of Rabanal del Camino, a beautiful town surrounded by nature and with services such as shops or restaurants
- Rooms with balcony
- Free WiFi
- Free bike garage
- Easy parking
- Rural experience, maximum tranquility
Reservations and prices
Use the following form to make your reservation. If you only want to contact us, just fill in the “Contact information” section.
All opinions are authentic, of real clients who have stayed in our house. See more.
El Descanso de Gaia Services
Ideal for pilgrims
- We collect backpacks from Jacotrans, Correos and other companies
- We seal your credential of the Camino de Santiago
- We adapt to your arrival times
- We help you in what you need
100% equipped kitchen
- Large kitchen
- With table and appliances (fridge + microwave + coffee maker …)
- Fires and oven
- All kinds of utensils (pots, pans, cups, glasses, cutlery …)
- With television
- Table games
Car and bike parking
- Various free outdoor parking areas meters from the property
- OWN PRIVATE GARAGE TO KEEP BIKES
- Free Wi-Fi internet connection throughout the establishment
- We accept payments in cash and by card
- Pets welcome, polite, free
- We provide you with portable clotheslines
- We have hair dryers
- Towels + gel + free shampoo
- Extra blankets and pillows in all rooms
- Wooden floor
- Constant cleaning
- Smoking prohibited throughout the establishment
- Tourist information
Restaurants, cafes and other services nearby
We are located right in the center of the town, literally, and 400 meters around you have several restaurants, coffee shops etc:
- La Despensa: Small but stocked store of food products of all kinds located right next to El Descanso de Gaia.
- La Tienda: Small and also stocked store of products of all kinds about 100m from the establishment.
Restaurants and coffee shops
- El Refugio: Restaurant+bar+cafeteria, with pilgrim’s menu, less than 100m.
- La Posada de Gaspar: Restaurant+bar+cafeteria, with pilgrim’s menu, less than 100m.
- Albergue El Pilar: Hostel with food service+bar+cafeteria, less than 100m.
Pharmacy and massages
- The town has a pharmacy, also less than 100m from us.
- In Albergue El Pilar they also have a massage service.